Here’s a recipe for a chocolate cherry protein shake I’ve been making that tastes great and is full of health benefits…
- 12 ounces of spring water
- 1/2 cup frozen pitted cherries
- 1 Tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1-2 droplets of liquid stevia
- 4 scoops of goat protein (2 if you have a bigger scooper)
- Ice cubes
Simply add all of the ingredients into your blender. I use the Ninja Master Prep because it’s fast and easy to clean.
- According to this Columbia University study, cocoa flavonoids can reverse age-related memory loss, improve brain function, and even lead to better scores in memory tests. The antioxidants in cocoa flavonoids also have a protective effect on cardiovascular health.
- Cherries possess anti-cancer properties, promote healthy sleep, reduce inflammation, and can combat belly fat. They can also lower your risk of stroke, and even serve as a natural form of pain relief for arthritis.
- Goat protein is a terrific alternative for people who are sensitive to lactose in dairy. I realize how foreign this may seem to some readers at first, especially since a lot of people don’t realize how common goat’s milk is outside of America… but let me assure you, this form of protein powder tastes exactly the same as conventional whey protein. The advantage is you won’t have to suffer from the common side effects associated with dairy (i.e., diarrhea, asthma, allergies, bloating and irritability) or soy-based emulsifiers.