This is the protein shake that I make for breakfast every morning. I started making it when I began implementing the slow-carb diet from 4-Hour Body. It’s best to consume this shake within 30 minutes of waking up in the morning.
- 10 ounces (1 1/4 cup) vanilla coconut milk (or almond milk)
- Two scoops (20-30g) of protein powder (unflavored or vanilla)
- 1 scoop NanoGreens
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp Vitamin C powder
- 1 tsp L-Glutamine
You’ll quickly notice that kiwi isn’t an actual ingredient in this recipe… That’s because fruit isn’t allowed in the 4-Hour Body Diet plan because of its negative impact on weight loss. I call it a “Kiwk Shake” because the NanoGreens powder gives the shake a light green color, while the powdered Vitamin-C gives it the distinct taste of citric acid, similar to kiwis.
How to Make:
Simply add all ingredients into your blender. Any blender should work, but I’m a big fan of the Ninja Prep food/drink maker because it blends silky smooth shakes/purees. Blend for 10-15 seconds, and enjoy.
What & Where to Buy:
- Ninja Prep Food/Drink Maker
- Jarrow Formulas Unflavored Whey Protein (Carbs: 2g / Protein: 18g)
- Blue Bonnet Whey Protein (from grass-fed cows; no rBGH)
- Vanilla Coconut Milk (or unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk)
- NanoGreens (by BioPharma Scientific)
- Turmeric Powder
- Vitamin-C Powder (Ascorbic acid crystals)
- L-Glutamine Powder