This Month’s Product(s):
Coway Might Air Purifier – A true HEPA filter that rivals luxe air purifiers that cost twice as much, this incredibly powerful unit can clean an entire 360 sq ft room in under 30 minutes.
Anker Bluetooth Speaker – I’m always sampling bluetooth speakers. What I like about the Anker is the 20 hour battery life and ultrafast connection time. Syncs up to your phone or iPad almost instantly, and seems to have an endless charge. Great for small spaces, and is my go-to speaker for listening to podcasts.
NEST Scented Reed Diffuser – Candles are nice, but they can be a fire hazard, don’t last very long, and they only work when they’re lit. The NEST scented reed diffuser is a game-changer. One diffuser safely fills an entire room with elegant and intoxicating aromas for several months. Worth every penny.
Supplements That I Take:
I get asked about supplements and nutrition all week long. Those conversations could last for hours because it’s such a broad subject. So I put together a list of vitamins, minerals, and micronutrients that I take on a daily basis. There are other nutrients that I consume at different times throughout the year, but this is the foundation of my supplementation.
Vitamin D3 – I’m of the opinion that the importance of Vitamin D cannot be overstated. The body depends on it for so many things that reading a full list of them would make you dizzy. In fact, it’s so important to the body that many scientists now consider it a hormone.
Vitamin K1 & K2 – Prevents calcium from binding to arteries, thereby reducing accumulation of atherosclerotic plaque.
Green Vibrance – Provides many of the essential vitamins and nutrients that the body needs to function properly.
Omega 3 Formula – While I’ve long felt that liquid fish oil is the best form of Omega-3 supplementation, this particular brand of fish oil caplets (when frozen), adequately preserves freshness. Supports cardiovascular, cognitive, ocular, immune, and nervous system health.
Magnesium L-Threonate – Magnesium is the 4th most abundant mineral in your body, but as you age, it’s not absorbed nutrients as well as it is in your youth. Of the 10+ different types of magnesium supplements you’ll find, L-Threonate is very well absorbed and doesn’t yield the laxative effects of other forms. Magnesium is essential for repairing DNA damage.
Curcumin with Turmerones – The potent anti-inflammatory effects of curcumin combined with turmerones is astounding.
Lutein & Zeaxanthin – There are hundreds of carotenoids present in nature, but the macula of your eye depends on a 5:1 ratio of just two – Lutein and Zeaxanthin. That’s what makes this vision supplement so beneficial for optimal eye health. It may also prevent macular degeneration.
Decaffeinated Green Tea Extract – Science has discovered a variety of anti-cancer properties of green tea. Can’t get enough anti-cancer nutrients, can we?
Previously Used Products:
- Amazon Prime – I love this service! Free two-day shipping on all items.
- Rhone Premium Sportswear for Men – A nice alternative to Lululemon.
- Nike Free Trainer 3.0 V4 – These cross-training/running shoes feel nearly weightless on my foot. Historically I’ve preferred the Nike Free 5.0 versions, but this model is my new favorite. So incredibly comfortable to wearing while walking, running, and lifting.
- Mott & Bow Jeans – I vowed never to buy another brand of jeans after discovering AG in 2008. But last month, I spent a few minutes learning the science of denim from Mott & Bow and immediately ordered a pair (see for yourself, the videos are really cool). These guys are true denim craftsman, making superior handmade quality jeans that fit impeccably. Easily worth twice the price, Mott & Bow offers free shipping both ways, hassle-free returns, and a unique look that will have people stopping you on the street to ask where you got such great jeans. Move over, AG, Mott & Bow is here to stay.
- Mizzen+Main Dress Shirts – How about a button up shirt that you can roll up into a ball, toss in a bag, and wear several hours later without ironing, steaming, or dry-cleaning? A shirt that wicks away sweat, can’t stain or discolor, and is fitted for human cheetahs? They’re made by Mizzen+Main, and they’re unlike any dress shirt you’ve ever worn.
- Bose SoundLink Bluetooth Speaker – I’ve sampled nearly a dozen portable bluetooth speakers. Without question the SoundLink produces the most clear, full, pure, and resonant sound. Very reasonably priced for the level of boom you get in this tiny speaker.
- SunrisePro Knife Sharpener – I’ve used half a dozen different knife sharpeners this year alone, and none of them come close to the value provided by the $15 SunrisePro. Simply put, this gadget will sharpen your knives, and it won’t destroy them in the process like many other products. Give it a try!
- Spiceologist – These delightful spices will have your friends and family thinking you’re a culinary wizard. All natural ingredients, and no MSG. You’ll never regret trying these. Start with Black & Bleu or Smokey Honey flavors.
- Paleo Wraps – If you eat a low/no-carb diet, you probably long for something good that resembles a tortilla. Paleo wraps are the answer. Flavor neutral, and strong enough to hold whatever ingredients you like. I use them in many weekly meals.
- Nitecore TM06 LED Flashlight – This 3800 lumen monster is essentially a handheld spotlight.
- Weleda Salt Toothpaste – Sensational cleaning ability. Natural protection for teeth and gums.
- Vornado 660 Air Circulator – Vortex fan provides complete circulation of air in a room. Powerful but quiet.
- Blue-Emu Natural Pain Reliever – Natural anti-inflammatory cream with no known side effects.
- Oil of Oregano – contains key phytochemicals that function together to support the body’s natural resistance to microscopic environmental invaders.
- Austin Air HealthMate+ Air Purifier – Fastest and most efficient air cleaner on the market. Great for anyone with severe allergies.
- mStand by Rain Design – This posture-improving laptop stand looks like it was designed by Apple. Well-balanced and made of high quality aluminum. Rubber grips bottom to prevent sliding. Helps reduce forward head posture.
- Pelican Micro Case – Waterproof, dust-proof, crush-proof. Perfect for protecting your iPhone when you’re at the beach or pool.
- Samson C01U USB Mic + SP01 Shock Mount – This is a great mic used for podcasts and web audio.
- Sukiface Exfoliate Foaming Cleanser – Lemongrass extract and natural sugar for healthy skin.
- Chef’n – If you like making homemade salads, this cheap little gadget is a game changer. It makes kale salad prep a breeze. Plus it works with a few other veggies and herbs as well.