Developing a chronic health problem is easy if you follow one simple step:
- Do unhealthy things every day, while simultaneously doing as few healthy things as possible.
Now, I’m a realist. I know that even the healthiest among us will die someday… But how about you stop going out of your way to speed things up?
At the end of each day, ask yourself:
- Did I start the day well-rested? (7-9 hours of sleep)
- Did I exercise for at least 30 minutes today? (cardio, free-weights, etc…)
- Did I make time to unwind and de-stress after work?
- Did I drink enough water? (Here’s how much…)
- Did I eat real food for breakfast, lunch and dinner? (not synthetic food-products)
If you said no to these questions, then what good things DID you do? You might not keep a running tab of how often you’re neglecting your health, but your brain does. It will make a valiant effort to adapt to your poor choices, but it won’t fight forever. Eventually, the body gives up… That’s when all hell breaks loose.
Avoid the recipe for chronic health problems. Don’t be the chef who serves it up on a silver platter. Take the time to build your body well.